Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Introduction

Hello and welcome to my music blog. 
There is a saying: "A camel is a horse by committee". I think that's disrespectful to the camel. In fact, I encourage readers of my blog to be camels (like me)- musical camels, to be precise. The 90's offered an embarrassment of musical riches, as major labels hunted desperately for the next Nirvanas and Pearl Jams, signing promising groups to one-off or two-off record deals and affording them the time and resources to make some really good records...before unceremoniously dropping them and chasing the next hot thing. Too many of these albums have been lost; collecting dust in bargain bins and used record shops...until now. So, back to the camel analogy: I give you, my loyal reader, an oasis of 90's (and maybe some early 2000's) gems. Drink at my oasis, fill your musical hump, and trudge dutifully onward through the desert of youtube hit-making factories, ambient EDM "soundscapes" and soundcloud rappers. 

Even though I am framing this as a review site, I will only be posting about albums I enjoy-so no need to weed through my posts looking for the good stuff. It's ALL good.       

No comments:

Post a Comment